GASPOOL operates a market area in accordance with the “Agreement of cooperation as per § 20 1b) EnWG (German Energy Industry Act) between the operators of gas supply networks situated in Germany.” In particular, this encompasses the following functions and processes:
- GASPOOL concludes balancing group contracts with balancing group managers.
- GASPOOL manages balancing groups, sub balancing accounts and network accounts.
- GASPOOL procures and utilizes compensation energy.
- GASPOOL exchanges data with network operators and balancing group managers (allocation data, nominations etc.).
- GASPOOL operates a virtual trading point (alternative hub) for natural gas, for which purpose it accepts nominations (for example) for this GASPOOL hub.
Thus, in general, GASPOOL fulfils the role of a market area manager in accordance with the Cooperation Agreement and GABi Gas.
Note: GASPOOL is not an entry and/or exit network operator, i.e. GASPOOL does not offer you to book capacities for physical entry and/or exit points, or to nominate gas volumes for these points. In order to do this, please contact the respective entry and/or exit network operators.