- 16/11/15 - GASPOOL and PEGAS to launch collaboration for area-specific physical exchange trades
On 17 November 2015 GASPOOL will become the first German market area to introduce locational order books for area-specific physical exchange trades, i.e. exchange transactions for delivery of gas in a specific network area or balancing zone, in cooperation with the European trading platform PEGAS.
- 15/10/15 - GASPOOL revises gas quality switchover charge up to 0,0865 €/kWh/h/a
The pass-through amount charged at all exit points within the GASPOOL market area to recover the costs for switching over network areas from low CV gas quality to high CV quality valid from 1 January 2016 had to be corrected due to errors in the underlying capacity data reported to the company.
- 30/09/15 - Neutrality charge for the gradual switchover from low to high CV gas set at 0,0745 €/kWh/h/a for the market area GASPOOL
From 1 January a neutrality charge of 0,0745 €/kWh/h/a will be applied by the transmission system operators (TSOs) active in the market area GASPOOL to recover the costs for switching over network areas from low CV gas quality to high CV gas supplies.
- 14/08/15 - GASPOOL to introduce separate balancing neutrality charges in accordance with GabiGas
RLM neutrality charge set to zero / SLP neutrality charge at 1.50 €/MWh. The VTP and gas quality conversion fees applied by the market area manager will be reduced at the start of the new gas year.
- 14/07/15 - GASPOOL to distribute €38 million to customers
Surplus accrued in the control and balancing energy levy account will be paid out to balancing group managers.
- 10/07/15 - GASPOOL holds information workshops on new Cooperation Agreement
In 2015 GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH has again kept market participants informed about developments by holding its 7th round of customer forum events around Germany. The market area manager's Balancing Group Manager Forum was attended by more than 100 interested parties.
- 20/04/15 - GASPOOL churn rate passes 4-point mark for the first time
The high-cal gas churn rate in the GASPOOL market area has risen to record levels: in March 2015 it crossed the 4-point mark for the first time since the market area was launched in 2009.
- 10/02/15 - GASPOOL to drop balancing neutrality charge
The control and balancing energy levy will go down from 0.09 ct/kWh to 0.0 ct/kWh from 1 April 2015. The conversion fee will remain unchanged.
- 10/02/14 - GASPOOL Analysis Control Energy Costs
High control energy costs in winter 2013/14 are due to overlapping market area
- 09/30/14 - GASPOOL trades balancing energy via TTF
Starting October 1, 2014, GASPOOL will procure control energy from TTF (Title Transfer Facility) in the Netherlands.
- 09/29/14 - Publication of the neutrality charge for the gradual switchover to high calorific value gas in the market area GASPOOL
From 1 January 2015, a neutrality charge of 0,0282 €/kWh/h/a will be applied in the market area GASPOOL to recover the costs for switching over network areas from low to high calorific value gas quality. The charge is recalculated annually by GASPOOL based on the data reported by the market area's transmission system operators (TSOs) and published ahead of the start of the new gas year until 1 October each year.
- 08/15/14 - GASPOOL to reintroduce control and balancing energy levy from October 2014
From 1 October 2014 until 1 April 2015, GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH will apply a control and balancing energy levy of 0.09 ct/kWh.
- 07/07/14 - GASPOOL to distribute 0,005 ct/kWh to customers
Surplus accrued in the control and balancing energy levy account will be paid out to balancing group managers
- 06/19/14 - GASPOOL to launch third survey on virtual trading point
As market area manager, GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH will carry out a third survey after 2012 on the virtual trading point (VTP) between June 23 and July 4.
- 06/17/14 - Changes in the management of GASPOOL
With effect from August 1, 2014, GASPOOL shareholders have appointed Jörg Ehmke as the new Managing Director of GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH
- 03/10/14 - GASPOOL strengthens customer dialog
Control energy was the topic for the new event format FachForum in Berlin
- 03/03/14 - GASPOOL and NCG submit recommendation document to the Federal Network Agency
National and international market participants took part in the two-week consultation process
- 02/17/14 - GASPOOL reduces control and balancing energy levy account
For the first time since GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH was founded, there is a surplus on the levy account, namely for the levy period April 2013 to September 2013. GASPOOL will distribute it in two steps by the end of March and reduce the control and balancing energy levy account.
- 02/07/14 - GASPOOL to continue charging no control energy levy
As of April 1, the control energy levy will remain at zero. The conversion
charge too will remain unchanged.
- 02/05/14 - Initial development phase completed: GASPOOL reduces its management
Dirk Bessau has decided to terminate his employment contract with GASPOOL, by amicable and mutual consent, in order to pursue new professional tasks.
- 01/30/14 - The trading volume at the virtual trading point GASPOOL continues to increase
The trading volume at the virtual trading point in the GASPOOL market area increased sharply last year.
- 01/17/2014 - Launch of Market consultation for Implementation of Network Code Balancing Gas
German TSOs and market area managers carry out consultation – results to be reported to German regulator Bundesnetzagentur
- 11/08/2013 - Trading volume at the virtual trading point GASPOOL increases by 47 percent in the third quarter
There was also a sharp rise in the quantities traded at the GASPOOL hub in the whole of the 2012/2013 gas year, which ended on October 1.
- 08/14/2013 - GASPOOL to terminate control and balancing energy levy from October 2013 onwards
Starting from October 1, 2013, GASPOOL will cease to charge a control and balancing energy levy for the period up until April 1st, 2014. Additionally, GASPOOL will reduce the Virtual Trading Point (VTP) fee from its current level of 0.25 ct/MWh to 0.20 ct/MWh.
- 05/31/2013 - GASPOOL to launch second survey on virtual trading point
As market area manager, GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH will carry out a second survey after 2012 on the virtual trading point (VTP) between June 3 and June 21.
- 02/15/2013 - GASPOOL: Control energy levy to be reduced significantly; conversion charge remains unchanged
GASPOOL will reduce the control energy levy by a third effective April 1. The conversion charge will remain at last year’s level.
- 02/11/2013 - GASPOOL: Reliable flexibility and a liquid wholesale market as the basis for a secure procurement of control energy*
The continuous frosty period which began in the middle of January has resulted in the German gas market using large amounts of control energy. However, the amount of control energy required is still much smaller than in February 2012.
- 10/12/12 - Market area managers present common target model for a standardised German balancing gas market
A major step has been made towards implementation of the common target model aimed at harmonising the balancing products and procurement procedures of the German market area managers GASPOOL Balancing Services and NetConnect Germany.
- 08/16/12 - GASPOOL further reduces conversion charges as from October 1
From October 1, 2012, onward, there will be a reduction to EUR 1.76 per MWh for the first half of the 2012/2013 gas year. Balancing and compensation energy allocation and VTP charges remain unchanged.
- 06/08/12 - Harmonisation of control energy procurement
Presentation of the Target Model for a Standardized German Balaning Gas Market by GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH und NetConnect Germany GmbH & Co. KG
- 06/04/12 - GASPOOL to launch survey on virtual trading point
As market area manager, GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH will carry out a survey on the virtual trading point (VTP) between June 7 and June 22. The survey will focus on benefits of further developments and improvements of the services offered by the virtual trading point.
- 05/16/12 - Harmonisation of control energy procurement
Market area operators GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH and NetConnect Germany GmbH & Co. KG to conduct a joint market consultation
- 02/22/12 - Joint market information of market area managers GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH and NetConnect Germany GmbH & Co KG
The market area managers of the two German market areas, GASPOOL and NetConnect Germany (NCG), intend to standardize the procurement processes for external balancing energy throughout Germany.
- 02/16/12 - GASPOOL lowers conv. charge and increases control energy levy
Conversion charge reduction with simultaneous increase of the control and compensation energy levies for the GASPOOL market area on 1 April 2012
- 08/30/11 - GASPOOL sets conversion charge
GASPOOL will start the cross-quality market area as planned on
1 October 2011. As the market area manager the company is obliged to levy a conversion charge for handling cross-quality transports.
- 06/28/11 - GASPOOL and Aequamus set to merge
GASPOOL and Aequamus are combining their market areas: A new crossquality market area, which will be known as GASPOOL, will be created as of October 1, 2011.
- 08/12/10 - Good prospects for the second gas year
GASPOOL successfully positioned in the market. GASPOOL’s management drew a positive balance just before the end of the gas year in the market area.
- 05/18/10 - GASPOOL new participant on the EEX Natural Gas Market
European Energy Exchange AG (EEX) is pleased to welcome GASPOOL Balancing Services GmbH as a new trading participant on the exchange. The balancing group network operator was admitted to trading on the EEX Natural Gas Spot Market today.
- 10/02/10 - GASPOOL prepares for control energy trading at EEX
Transactions at GASPOOL hub significantly increased: Over 150 TWh of natural gas had already been sold in the new H-gas market area by the end of December.
- 11/18/09 - Online trading of control energy
“GABi Gas Control Energy Initiative” discusses GASPOOL control energy portal
- 10/01/09 - GASPOOL launched successfully
Trading at the EEX now possible for the market area. Today, 1st October 2009, the new gas market area GASPOOL was launched successfully for the start of the new gas year.
- 08/24/09 - GASPOOL launches online-platform for control energy
As of 1 October 2009 the provision of control energy will be managed exclusively via Internet. At a customer event in Berlin the new control energy portal was introduced to German and European gas traders and intensively discussed with market participants.
- 08/06/09 - GASPOOL starts as of 1 October 2009
The transport of natural gas becomes easier in Germany as of 1 October 2009: At the same time with the begin of the next gas year the new market area GASPOOL starts.
- 06/23/09 - GASPOOL approved by cartel office
Milestone for more competition on the German natural gas market – network operators combine their market areas
- 05/07/09 - The new market area: GASPOOL
Five major German pipeline operators merge their market areas and set up a joint company
- 03/05/09 - Cooperation for more competition and simple gas transport
Milestone for more competition on the German natural gas market – network operators combine their market areas